Skip to main content

May 2024 highlights


🌟 Reflecting on May 🌟


After a great start in April and returning from a long trip to Naples and Rome we decided to enjoy a more relaxed side of Jesi. Here are some of the things we did in May. 


On Arrival training

May started with a 5 days training in Rome. This training was organized by the Italian National Agency. During this training, we shared our volunteering experiences with others from all over Europe who are currently doing their volunteering experiences in Italy. We learned about our duties and rights as volunteers. As well as other opportunities after this experience. 

Exploring Rome

Exploring Rome is a captivating journey through history, culture, and cuisine. As Italy's capital and one of the most historically rich cities in the world. Our first point of the trip was Colosseum meaning one of the most iconic structures in the world, the Colosseum is an ancient amphitheater that once hosted gladiatorial games and public spectacles. The next stop was Roman Forum. This area was the heart of ancient Rome, serving as a public space for commerce, politics, and social gatherings. Then we moved very close to the Pantheon. A marvel of Roman engineering, the Pantheon is a former temple, now a church, known for its massive dome and ceiling, is a must-see for art lovers. In the evening we decided to see the Trevi Fountain. This Baroque masterpiece is one of Rome’s most beloved landmarks. Ofc according to tradition we throw money to have luck. The next day we saw the Spanish Steps. A popular gathering spot. According to tik tok recommendation, we used the elevator and it was much faster.  We finished the trip eating typical food cacio e pepe and carbonara, finishing dinner with tiramisu! We took a lot of photos and we enjoyed our time there a lot! Hope to come there one more time.

Pizza Nights

Pizzeria Sciuscià is our top pizzeria in the town and also is a popular dining spot known for its authentic Italian pizzas and warm atmosphere. Here are some key aspects of it. It's an ideal spot for friends we really enjoyed our pizza there! The pizzeria often features a cozy and rustic interior, we have our favorite table there nr 17.  We ate pizza with mortadella and mozzarella di buffala and our favorite truffles. They use traditional ingredients and local products. We were there in a perfect time before people started coming and our pizza came to us very fast. It’s a spot worth visiting when in town.

Visiting the library

The library is designed to offer a quiet and peaceful space, ideal for concentration and deep study. We found there a wide range of materials, from modern publications to rare manuscripts and early printed books. The library features well-equipped reading rooms with seating and workspaces. While maintaining its historic charm, the library provides modern facilities, including access to computers and Wi-Fi (since we don’t have Italian numbers we had to go to the tourist center to get temporary access to the internet) to support digital research and online resources. We can also find there a coffee machine but remember to take coins with you, the machine does not accept cards!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Arrivederci, Jesi!

I can’t believe time has passed so quickly. It feels like yesterday that I arrived in Jesi and got a tour though the whole Caritas facility. But since then, six months have passed. This experience has been valuable to me in more than just one way and I will never forget the precious time that I spent here. It’s hard to put into words how much this project helped me grow personally and how much I learned while volunteering here. I’m so grateful for all of the people I got to meet during my stay in Jesi. My ESC project here gave me the opportunity to make friends from all over the world who shared a lot about their countries and cultures with me. Therefore, they made it possible for me to widen my horizons and it’s their fault that so many places got added to my travel list 😆 Of course, I also found a lot of new friends from this area who introduced me to Italian dinners (something I’ll certainly continue after coming back to Austria!) and who often planned trips to show me around the a...

Arrivederci, Louise!

After nine months of volunteering here at Caritas Jesi, Louise's project has come to an end. However, she wanted to say goodbye to you: It's strange to think that it's already over. As I write these lines, I'm already on the Flixbus, but I find it hard to believe that in a few hours I'll be in France! If I had to sum up my experience here in one word, I would say: encounters. I've learned a lot in 9 months: speaking a new language, opening up more to others, learning how to cook pasta properly 😅...but none of this would have been possible without the people I've met. Whether it was the other volunteers, the beneficiaries of Caritas, the people who follow us on our ESC journey, and above all the friendships I made along the way! Thanks to you, I decided to extend my experience, I gained confidence in myself and, sitting on this bus, I'm already thinking about when I'll come back to see you! So thank you very much, everyone, for everything, and welcom...

Cristina

Hi, my name is Cristina I'm 21 years old, I'm come from Spain and I am a recent graduate of social work. A few months ago, when I graduated, I was very happy but then I realized that I didn't know what to do with my life now, If I should continue studying or working. Then one day I saw a video of a girl who did the ESC volunteer program, and my eyes lit up. I already knew what I wanted to do this year! The next step was to choose what I wanted to volunteer about and in which country. I was clear that I wanted to do it focused on social work. And since I was little I had in mind going to live in Italy for a while, so this was the time to fulfill that dream. So it wasn't difficult for me to choose volunteering. I am very excited about this experience!