Skip to main content

Spots, coffe and more

Appart from the work we do in Caritas, we like to expolre what Jesi and the surrounding area has to offer. So here we present you a list of some of our favurites things; food coffe and nice places to visit!


SPOTS TO SEE:


Lake of Cingoli

Born from the damming of the Musone River in the 1980s, Lake Cingoli (or Castreccioni) is today the largest artificial basin in the Marche region. It's the perfect place to spend the afternoon with friends, eat lunch and have an aperitivo.



Monte San Vicino

San Vicino is a mountain of the Umbrian-Marches Apennines located in the province of Macerata, not far from the border with the province of Ancona. A perfect spot to go for a hike and the top of the mountain is the perfect place to have a picnic and enjoy the views.


Perugia 

A city of art rich in history and monuments, Perugia is a cultural, productive, and managerial hub of the region, and an international tourist destination. The University of Perugia (1308) is one of the oldest in Italy and in the world.


FOOD TO TRY:

Il Ristorantino Jesi

We really recomend this place! The food and service is amazing and they have food that is special for the Marche region, and if you are lucky you can sit on the terrase and watch the rolling valleys as the sun sets.


Tasty poke

This spot is right next our apartment and serve good poke for a good price, especially if you manage to get the student price. This can also be good if you are craving sushi, since the sushi here in Jesi is quite expencive.


Sardinian Street Food

This place serves fishburgers that are inspied by the sardinian kitchen and they are amazing. The place is very smal but nice, and the fries are to die for!


COFFE TO DRINK:

Bar verdi

This place is perfect for breakfast, they serve both good sandwiches and pastries. It offers good outdoor seating and, most importantly, is only a few minutes from Caritas. 


Rab Nouvecento

During the day, Bar verdi is usually not open, so then this is the perfect place for a coffe during lunch break or right after work. 


Pasticceria Zoppi Srl

This is a newly found favourite! It's nice sitt outside and the interior is really nice, but most importantly they have amzing pastries for really good prices. This is a must if you're craving something sweet!


Gara caffetteria

Best coffe in Jesi! It's right by the very trafficated street Via del Vittoria so the outdoor seating is not ideal, but the inside offers a nice place to enjoy your coffe. They serve food aswell but it is a bit more pricey, so we recomend coming only for the coffe.


If you get the chance we hope that you will give one of our recomendations a try😊

Jùlia and Karin 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Arrivederci, Jesi!

I can’t believe time has passed so quickly. It feels like yesterday that I arrived in Jesi and got a tour though the whole Caritas facility. But since then, six months have passed. This experience has been valuable to me in more than just one way and I will never forget the precious time that I spent here. It’s hard to put into words how much this project helped me grow personally and how much I learned while volunteering here. I’m so grateful for all of the people I got to meet during my stay in Jesi. My ESC project here gave me the opportunity to make friends from all over the world who shared a lot about their countries and cultures with me. Therefore, they made it possible for me to widen my horizons and it’s their fault that so many places got added to my travel list 😆 Of course, I also found a lot of new friends from this area who introduced me to Italian dinners (something I’ll certainly continue after coming back to Austria!) and who often planned trips to show me around the a...

Arrivederci, Louise!

After nine months of volunteering here at Caritas Jesi, Louise's project has come to an end. However, she wanted to say goodbye to you: It's strange to think that it's already over. As I write these lines, I'm already on the Flixbus, but I find it hard to believe that in a few hours I'll be in France! If I had to sum up my experience here in one word, I would say: encounters. I've learned a lot in 9 months: speaking a new language, opening up more to others, learning how to cook pasta properly 😅...but none of this would have been possible without the people I've met. Whether it was the other volunteers, the beneficiaries of Caritas, the people who follow us on our ESC journey, and above all the friendships I made along the way! Thanks to you, I decided to extend my experience, I gained confidence in myself and, sitting on this bus, I'm already thinking about when I'll come back to see you! So thank you very much, everyone, for everything, and welcom...

Cristina

Hi, my name is Cristina I'm 21 years old, I'm come from Spain and I am a recent graduate of social work. A few months ago, when I graduated, I was very happy but then I realized that I didn't know what to do with my life now, If I should continue studying or working. Then one day I saw a video of a girl who did the ESC volunteer program, and my eyes lit up. I already knew what I wanted to do this year! The next step was to choose what I wanted to volunteer about and in which country. I was clear that I wanted to do it focused on social work. And since I was little I had in mind going to live in Italy for a while, so this was the time to fulfill that dream. So it wasn't difficult for me to choose volunteering. I am very excited about this experience!