Skip to main content

How to Survive the Summer in Jesi !!!!!!

 Heyyyy everyone...

I don't know how you're doing, but I can't do this anymore!  I'm honestly going to melt in this heat.

Look, I know I'm from Barcelona, but this heat is different... it's so much worse! I seriously feel like I need to put myself inside the fridge. 

So, while I'm trying to survive, I thought I'd share some tips for getting through the summer in Jesi.

(You'll thank me later! )

1. Go for a swim

Here in Jesi, we have two public swimming pools:

  • Piscina Federico II
  • Piscina Comunale di Jesi

The entrance fee is usually between 6€ and 10€, depending on how long you want to stay. Trust me, spending a few hours in the water is worth every euro!

2. Escape to the sea

If you're in Jesi, just hop on a train to Falconara Marittima. If the trains are running on time (fingers crossed ), you'll be there in less than 15 minutes.

It's the perfect place to spend a relaxing day at the beach, whether you're with friends or enjoying some time by yourself.

3. Stay a little longer at the Caritas office...

Why?

Because they have air conditioning!! 

Honestly... 100% recommended.

4. Wait until the evening for an aperitivo

Leave the house around 7:00 p.m. and meet your friends for an aperitivo.

Yes, it'll probably still be hot... but at least you'll be holding an Aperol Spritz.

(Well... in my case, it's always an Hugo Spritz. Highly recommended! )

5. Get yourself a fan

Seriously... if you don't have one already, buy a fan!

It may not be air conditioning, but it'll become your best friend during the summer. Whether you're trying to sleep, work, or simply survive another hot afternoon, you'll be grateful to have it.

6. Find the friend with air conditioning

This might be the best survival tip of all.

Find a friend whose house has air conditioning and spend the afternoon there playing cards, chatting, watching a movie, or just enjoying the fact that you can finally breathe again. 

And that's it!


I hope these tips help you survive the Jesi summer. 

Stay hydrated, drink lots of water, wear sunscreen, and try not to melt.




Júlia  <3


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Arrivederci, Jesi!

I can’t believe time has passed so quickly. It feels like yesterday that I arrived in Jesi and got a tour though the whole Caritas facility. But since then, six months have passed. This experience has been valuable to me in more than just one way and I will never forget the precious time that I spent here. It’s hard to put into words how much this project helped me grow personally and how much I learned while volunteering here. I’m so grateful for all of the people I got to meet during my stay in Jesi. My ESC project here gave me the opportunity to make friends from all over the world who shared a lot about their countries and cultures with me. Therefore, they made it possible for me to widen my horizons and it’s their fault that so many places got added to my travel list 😆 Of course, I also found a lot of new friends from this area who introduced me to Italian dinners (something I’ll certainly continue after coming back to Austria!) and who often planned trips to show me around the a...

Arrivederci, Louise!

After nine months of volunteering here at Caritas Jesi, Louise's project has come to an end. However, she wanted to say goodbye to you: It's strange to think that it's already over. As I write these lines, I'm already on the Flixbus, but I find it hard to believe that in a few hours I'll be in France! If I had to sum up my experience here in one word, I would say: encounters. I've learned a lot in 9 months: speaking a new language, opening up more to others, learning how to cook pasta properly 😅...but none of this would have been possible without the people I've met. Whether it was the other volunteers, the beneficiaries of Caritas, the people who follow us on our ESC journey, and above all the friendships I made along the way! Thanks to you, I decided to extend my experience, I gained confidence in myself and, sitting on this bus, I'm already thinking about when I'll come back to see you! So thank you very much, everyone, for everything, and welcom...

Cristina

Hi, my name is Cristina I'm 21 years old, I'm come from Spain and I am a recent graduate of social work. A few months ago, when I graduated, I was very happy but then I realized that I didn't know what to do with my life now, If I should continue studying or working. Then one day I saw a video of a girl who did the ESC volunteer program, and my eyes lit up. I already knew what I wanted to do this year! The next step was to choose what I wanted to volunteer about and in which country. I was clear that I wanted to do it focused on social work. And since I was little I had in mind going to live in Italy for a while, so this was the time to fulfill that dream. So it wasn't difficult for me to choose volunteering. I am very excited about this experience!