Skip to main content

EUROPEAN SOLIDARITY CORPS (ESC)

 


EUROPEAN SOLIDARITY CORPS 

ESC




INDEX


🇬🇧 What it is the European Solidarity Corps (ESC)? 1

🇮🇹 Che cos'è il Corpo Europeo di Solidarietà (CES)? 1

🇪🇸 ¿Qué es el Cuerpo Europeo de Solidaridad (CES)? 2

🇬🇧 Volunteering Program 2

Types: 2

Who can volunteer? 3

What is covered? 3


🇬🇧 Why choose the European Solidarity Corps volunteering program? 6





🇬🇧 What it is the European Solidarity Corps (ESC)?

The European Solidarity Corps is an initiative of the European Union that provides opportunities for young people to engage in solidarity and volunteer activities throughout Europe. The program aims to foster solidarity and promote the involvement of young people in society.

Activities include volunteer projects, internships, employment, solidarity projects, and humanitarian volunteer work. The only requirement is that participants must be between 18 and 30 years old and residents of a European Union country or a country outside the EU with which there is an agreement. They are given the opportunity to experience solidarity in another country within the European Union or neighboring countries.

Web site: https://youth.europa.eu/solidarity_en

Video: https://youth.europa.eu/d8/media/420_en



🇮🇹 Che cos'è il Corpo Europeo di Solidarietà (CES)?

Il Corpo Europeo di Solidarietà è un'iniziativa dell'Unione Europea che offre opportunità per coinvolgere i giovani in attività di solidarietà e volontariato in tutta Europa. Il programma mira a promuovere la solidarietà e incoraggiare la partecipazione dei giovani nella società.

Tra le attività ci sono progetti di volontariato, stage e lavoro, progetti solidali e volontariato umanitario. L'unico requisito è che i partecipanti debbano avere tra 18 e 30 anni e essere residenti in un paese dell'Unione Europea o in un paese al di fuori dell'UE con il quale ci sia un accordo. A questi viene offerta l'opportunità di vivere un'esperienza di solidarietà in un altro paese dell'Unione Europea o in paesi limitrofi.

Pagina web: https://youth.europa.eu/solidarity_en

Video: https://youth.europa.eu/d8/media/420_en


🇪🇸 ¿Qué es el Cuerpo Europeo de Solidaridad (CES)?

El Cuerpo Europeo De solidaridad Es una iniciativa de la Unión Europea que ofrece oportunidades para que los jóvenes se involucren en actividades solidarias y de voluntariado en toda Europa. El programa pretende fomentar la solidaridad y promover la participación de los jóvenes en la sociedad.

Entre las actividades se incluyen proyectos de voluntariado, prácticas y empleo, proyectos solidarios y voluntariados de ayuda humanitario. El único requisito es que los participantes deben tener entre 18 y 30 años y ser residentes de un país de la UE o del algún país fuera de UE con los que tengan un acuerdo. A estos se les brinda la oportunidad de poder vivir una experiencia de solidaridad en otro país de la Unión Europea o países adjuntos.

Página web: https://youth.europa.eu/solidarity_en

Vídeo: https://youth.europa.eu/d8/media/420_en


🇬🇧 Volunteering Program

This program is an excellent opportunity to lend a helping hand where it is needed, learn new skills, travel, live in another country, learn languages... you will return with many new and incredible experiences, and it will change your global perspective.

These programs cover all social issues in society, such as the environment, health, social inclusion, digital technologies, culture, sports... so there are programs to suit all preferences.

Types:

Individual Volunteering:

Can last from 2 months up to 12 months

Is full-time (between 30 and 38 hours a week)

Allows you to contribute to the daily work of an organisation that is actively benefiting the local community

Is usually ‘cross-border’ – i.e. in a different country to where you live (though it can be there too – these are called ‘in-country’ projects)

In some cases, you can take part for a shorter time (from 2 weeks to 2 months) – for example for participants with fewer opportunities, or disabilitie


Team Volunteering:

Can last between 2 weeks and 2 months

Is full-time (between 30 and 38 hours a week)

You volunteer with people from at least 2 different countries

The group will be between 10 and 40 volunteers and include people with fewer opportunities

Is usually abroad, though it can be in your home country

Who can volunteer?

European Solidarity Corps volunteering activities are open to 18-30 year old people who reside in programme and partner countries. In the vast majority of voluntary institutions, no level of the country's language or any level of English is required, but it is always recommended.


What is covered?



You are covered by a complementary insurance

You can access a range of support services such as linguistic support and training

Your basic costs will be covered (your travel to and from the project, accommodation and food)

You’ll also receive a small allowance for personal expenses (€3-6 a day, depending on the country)

If you have specific needs (e.g. a disability), these costs may also be covered


Web site: https://youth.europa.eu/solidarity/young-people/volunteering_en


🇬🇧 Why choose the European Solidarity Corps volunteering program?

Choosing to participate in the European Solidarity Corps (ESC) volunteering program offers benefits both on a personal and professional level. These may include:

International Experience: You have the opportunity to live and work in another European country, allowing participants to immerse themselves in a new culture and learn a new language.

Personal Development: Developing intercultural skills, improving self-confidence, empathy, and adaptability to new situations contribute to personal growth.

Community Contribution: ESC volunteers engage in projects addressing social and community challenges. Actively contributing to society and making a positive difference can be a rewarding experience.

Practical Learning: Participants have the chance to acquire practical skills and experience in specific fields through volunteer projects, which can be beneficial for future professional development.

Networking: Meeting people from different countries and establishing connections on both personal and professional levels can be valuable for future endeavors, whether professional or personal.

Financial Support: Depending on the situation, the ESC may provide financial support to cover expenses related to accommodation, food, and transportation, making the experience more accessible for participants.

Recognition and Certification: Successfully completing a volunteer project results in a certificate from the European Commission, serving as an additional asset on the resume.

Before deciding to participate, it's essential to research and carefully consider whether the program aligns with your personal goals and expectations.



ESC 2024


European Solidarity Corps volunteering activities are open to 18-30 year old people who reside in






ESC 2024


experiencia de solidaridad en otro país de la Unión Europea o países adjuntos.

Página web: https://youth.europa.eu/solidarity_en

Vídeo: https://youth.europa.eu/d8/media/420_en

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Arrivederci, Jesi!

I can’t believe time has passed so quickly. It feels like yesterday that I arrived in Jesi and got a tour though the whole Caritas facility. But since then, six months have passed. This experience has been valuable to me in more than just one way and I will never forget the precious time that I spent here. It’s hard to put into words how much this project helped me grow personally and how much I learned while volunteering here. I’m so grateful for all of the people I got to meet during my stay in Jesi. My ESC project here gave me the opportunity to make friends from all over the world who shared a lot about their countries and cultures with me. Therefore, they made it possible for me to widen my horizons and it’s their fault that so many places got added to my travel list 😆 Of course, I also found a lot of new friends from this area who introduced me to Italian dinners (something I’ll certainly continue after coming back to Austria!) and who often planned trips to show me around the a...

Arrivederci, Louise!

After nine months of volunteering here at Caritas Jesi, Louise's project has come to an end. However, she wanted to say goodbye to you: It's strange to think that it's already over. As I write these lines, I'm already on the Flixbus, but I find it hard to believe that in a few hours I'll be in France! If I had to sum up my experience here in one word, I would say: encounters. I've learned a lot in 9 months: speaking a new language, opening up more to others, learning how to cook pasta properly 😅...but none of this would have been possible without the people I've met. Whether it was the other volunteers, the beneficiaries of Caritas, the people who follow us on our ESC journey, and above all the friendships I made along the way! Thanks to you, I decided to extend my experience, I gained confidence in myself and, sitting on this bus, I'm already thinking about when I'll come back to see you! So thank you very much, everyone, for everything, and welcom...

Cristina

Hi, my name is Cristina I'm 21 years old, I'm come from Spain and I am a recent graduate of social work. A few months ago, when I graduated, I was very happy but then I realized that I didn't know what to do with my life now, If I should continue studying or working. Then one day I saw a video of a girl who did the ESC volunteer program, and my eyes lit up. I already knew what I wanted to do this year! The next step was to choose what I wanted to volunteer about and in which country. I was clear that I wanted to do it focused on social work. And since I was little I had in mind going to live in Italy for a while, so this was the time to fulfill that dream. So it wasn't difficult for me to choose volunteering. I am very excited about this experience!