Skip to main content

Our favorites in Jesi

Something that surprised us about Jesi is that regardless of being a small place it's certainly alive. Most of what you may be looking for is present in Jesi. In this post, we will present some of our favorite places.


The Library/ Signoria Palace (Google Maps)

One of the best ways for you to get involved when you arrive somewhere new is by visiting the library- in our opinion, it usually corresponds well to what the city is. In this case, it is small, organized, with some diversity of genres, a very small selection of foreign language books, and packed. The same words can be used to describe Jesi. Neither way don't forget to get the password for the wi-fi at the tourism office if you plan on doing some work.


Gara (Google Maps)

If you love coffee you will certainly love Gara. Even tho their pastries may be a little overpriced coming from a bigger city like Lisbon it is surprising having such a great cappuccino for just 1,50€. The staff is super gentle and the atmosphere is probably the best in Jesi.


ByNice (Google Maps)

After trying almost, if not every, place that offers ice cream in Jesi this definitely beats all the other by flavour. You will find places with a better atmosphere but the taste of their ice creams won't match this place (Ciro and Pio). Once again, super friendly staff, they even gave us Italian tips to improve our accent. 


Sports Park - Palazzetto dello Sport Ezio Triccoli (Suggest by Karolina | Google Maps) 

This place offers facilities like a soccer field, rollerblading area, running tracks, and basketball courts. Additionally, this park also includes a picnic area, walking trail, and fitness/ calisthenic area.  Personally, I enjoy my outdoor activity - YOGA. Palazzetto also hosts local sports events such as basketball matches or volleyball matches, it is a perfect occasion to gather community and social interactions. An important notice is that there is a water system but it's paid, so do not forget to take your own water or money! Definitely recommended for sport and nature lovers. 


Small Pizza (Google Maps)

It definitely doesn't have a good fancy vibe but the pizza and focaccia will be cheap and good. This is a place for when you have a little hunger to stop by or to take it home. There is also the possibility of taking the big pizza. The quality of the pizza is not the best but it is fair to the price. 

(Very Small) Historical Center 

Nice place to spend your free time watching buildings and Italian architecture. There is a wide variety of shops, and everyone will find something for themselves. Our favorite place is a bookshop (next paragraph). Every Saturday there is also a big market where you can find EVERYTHING for you at a good price. Saturday morning and evening are the moments when this place is definitely the most alive.


Gira&Volta (Google Maps)

Most likely you won't find English books but there's a good selection of curated books. You can tell that the owners really have a passion for books. The atmosphere is cozy. we always take a look inside as new books are always coming.


South Asian Market (Suggested by Maria | Google Maps)

As a vegetarian, certain things are hard to find in Jesi, However, I like to take a look at this market as it has a wide range of vegetarian options and even take something new to try from this very rich culture.


Margarita Cafe' (Google Maps)

Amazing aperitivo. Amazing staff owner. Lori is the best :) Very comfortable place to spend hours on drinking coffee, eating good pastries, or having aperitivo. Especially if you don't want to spend a lot of money. You can easily spend 2 hours there and just pay 2.40€ per café and cornetto. Inside is full of Easter items and artificial flowers. 


In conclusion, Jesi may be a small town, but it offers a diverse set of attractions. Jesi has something to offer to everyone. Our favorite places highlighted in this post are just a glimpse into what makes this town special. Whether you're a resident or a visitor, Jesi's charm is sure to leave a lasting impression.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Arrivederci, Jesi!

I can’t believe time has passed so quickly. It feels like yesterday that I arrived in Jesi and got a tour though the whole Caritas facility. But since then, six months have passed. This experience has been valuable to me in more than just one way and I will never forget the precious time that I spent here. It’s hard to put into words how much this project helped me grow personally and how much I learned while volunteering here. I’m so grateful for all of the people I got to meet during my stay in Jesi. My ESC project here gave me the opportunity to make friends from all over the world who shared a lot about their countries and cultures with me. Therefore, they made it possible for me to widen my horizons and it’s their fault that so many places got added to my travel list 😆 Of course, I also found a lot of new friends from this area who introduced me to Italian dinners (something I’ll certainly continue after coming back to Austria!) and who often planned trips to show me around the a...

Arrivederci, Louise!

After nine months of volunteering here at Caritas Jesi, Louise's project has come to an end. However, she wanted to say goodbye to you: It's strange to think that it's already over. As I write these lines, I'm already on the Flixbus, but I find it hard to believe that in a few hours I'll be in France! If I had to sum up my experience here in one word, I would say: encounters. I've learned a lot in 9 months: speaking a new language, opening up more to others, learning how to cook pasta properly 😅...but none of this would have been possible without the people I've met. Whether it was the other volunteers, the beneficiaries of Caritas, the people who follow us on our ESC journey, and above all the friendships I made along the way! Thanks to you, I decided to extend my experience, I gained confidence in myself and, sitting on this bus, I'm already thinking about when I'll come back to see you! So thank you very much, everyone, for everything, and welcom...

Cristina

Hi, my name is Cristina I'm 21 years old, I'm come from Spain and I am a recent graduate of social work. A few months ago, when I graduated, I was very happy but then I realized that I didn't know what to do with my life now, If I should continue studying or working. Then one day I saw a video of a girl who did the ESC volunteer program, and my eyes lit up. I already knew what I wanted to do this year! The next step was to choose what I wanted to volunteer about and in which country. I was clear that I wanted to do it focused on social work. And since I was little I had in mind going to live in Italy for a while, so this was the time to fulfill that dream. So it wasn't difficult for me to choose volunteering. I am very excited about this experience!